Presented by Sikorsky Innovations
Spark What’s Next™
Sikorsky Innovations is continuing its search for game changing ideas in the 5th Entrepreneurial Challenge. Whether your product can enhance Sikorsky's core business or create opportunities in new markets, the Entrepreneurial Challenge is used to identify future potential partners and increase collaborative efforts between technology leaders and a world leader in vertical flight solutions. Selected awardees will join an extensive network of technical experts, business mentors, strategic partners, potential customers, and experienced investors working together to Spark What's Next™.
Apply today! Click here to create an account and submit your application.
The Entrepreneurial Challenge is a competition held by Sikorsky Innovations to highlight and support revolutionary ideas, ventures and innovators with applications to aerospace and beyond. Sikorsky is looking for agile technology leaders across all industry domains that embody the entrepreneurial spirit, passion, and management style to complement the qualities of an established industry leader and creatively address the toughest problems in vertical flight. Individuals or teams incubating new ideas around the globe, whether working in a garage or in a Fortune 500 company are encouraged to apply.
Winners of the Entrepreneurial Challenge will have the opportunity to:
- Collaborate with Sikorsky to validate their product and explore partnership opportunities.
- Leverage Sikorsky's industry knowledge and relationships to potentially grow their client base.
- Be incubated in the Stamford Innovation Center with free workspace and use of their shared business services for up to one year. (Optional)
- Access mentoring programs, education workshops, and events across Connecticut's entrepreneurial network, CTNEXT, for one year.
- Receive an investment evaluation from the Sikorsky Entrepreneurial Panel during incubation.
How can your offering:
- Utilize vertical flight to better serve or create new markets?
- Revolutionize aircraft parts and system tracking?
- Utilize wearable computing or mobile devices to improve the travel experience?
- Augment or improve repairs and maintenance?
The current schedule for the 5th Entrepreneurial Challenge is as follows:
|May 14, 2014
||Challenge Questions Released|
|October 3, 2014 (5PM EDT)
||Application Period Ends|
|End October 2014
||Final Round Contestants Notified|
||Final Round Competition at Sikorsky|
The Entrepreneurial Challenge is open to any company, U.S. based or international, including newly formed and pre-revenue entities, which meet the requirements defined in the Application Kit.
The full list of rules, terms and conditions for the Entrepreneurial Challenge can be found here
Click here to create an account and submit your application to the Entrepreneurial Challenge in the form of a 5 page business summary.
Frequently Asked Questions
Click here for frequently asked questions.
In the News