Spark What’s Next™
Submit Your Idea. Win Cash. Collaborate with an Industry Leader.
Sikorsky Innovations, the advanced research organization of a world leader in vertical flight solutions, is looking for your ideas! Through the Entrepreneurial Challenge, now in its third year, the organization identifies potential partners that can help solve some of the toughest industry challenges.
Awardees will gain entry to an extensive network of technical experts, business mentors, strategic partners, potential customers and experienced investors.
Sikorsky Innovations holds the Entrepreneurial Challenge to highlight and support revolutionary ideas, ventures and innovators whose technology is highly relevant to one of its identified focus area. Each focus area (outlined below) represents current company technology needs for production aircraft and processes.
Sikorsky is looking for agile technology leaders across all industry domains that embody the entrepreneurial spirit, passion, and management style to complement the qualities of an established industry leader. The company encourages individuals or teams incubating new ideas around the globe, whether working in a garage or in a Fortune 500 company, to apply.
New for 2015: Entrepreneurial Challenge Winners will Receive Cash Prizes! Check back for more details in the coming months.
Winners of the Entrepreneurial Challenge will also have the opportunity to:
- Collaborate with Sikorsky to validate their products and explore partnership opportunities.
- Be incubated in the Stamford Innovation Center with free workspace and use of their shared business services for up to one year. (Optional)
- Access mentoring programs, education workshops, and events across Connecticut's entrepreneurial network, CTNEXT, for one year.
- Receive an investment evaluation from the Sikorsky Entrepreneurial Panel during incubation.
Most of all, Winners and Awardees of the Entrepreneurial Challenge will be able to leverage Sikorsky's industry knowledge and relationships.
- Ruggedized, wireless sensing with low-weight energy harvesting
- Real-time augmented reality for collaborative applications and complex manufacturing processes
- Aerospace quality additive manufacturing of complex geometry with real time inspection
- High energy density and high power performance energy storage
Connect and Learn More
As part of this year’s competition, Sikorsky Innovations will host an online webinar with some of the company’s leading experts in each of the focus areas. These experts will provide in depth insight into Sikorsky’s interest in each of these technology areas and allow you the opportunity to ask questions in real time.
The webinar will be hosted within two months of the competition launch. Continue to check back for specific date, time, and signup information.
The current schedule for the 5th Entrepreneurial Challenge is as follows:
|May 19, 2015
||6th Entrepreneurial Challenge Released |
|June - July 2015 (Details TBA)
||Webinar with Sikorsky Experts|
|October 16, 2015 (5 p.m. EDT)
||Application Period Ends|
||Final Round Contestants Notified|
||Final Round Competition at Sikorsky|
The Entrepreneurial Challenge is open to any company, U.S. based or international, including newly-formed and pre-revenue entities, that meet the requirements defined in the 2015 Entrepreneurial Challenge Application Kit.
To create an account and submit your application to the Entrepreneurial Challenge in the form of a 5 page business summary Click Here.
In the News