March 23, 2011
Connecticut - Sikorsky Aircraft Corp. recently held its 4th
annual Supplier Summit in Palm Beach Gardens, Fla., with senior executives from the top 150 supplier companies. The current 13 Sikorsky Gold Suppliers were recognized at the event for their best-in-class performance. In addition, the event marked the launch of Sikorsky annual supplier recognition awards. Sikorsky is a subsidiary of United Technologies Corp. (NYSE:UTX).
As part of UTC, Sikorsky and its supply chain practice the Achieving Competitive Excellence (ACE) system for quality and efficiency, with successive Bronze, Silver and Gold levels for increasing proficiency. The following UTC Supplier Gold companies were recognized by Sikorsky.
- Admill Machine Company, of New Britain, Conn., is a small machined parts supplier that achieved UTC Supplier Gold in October 2009.
- Aero Gear Inc., a precision machining gear supplier in Windsor, Conn., achieved UTC Supplier Gold status in December 2010.
- Aero Vodochody, A.S., an aero-structure commercial supplier based in the Czech Republic, initially received UTC Supplier Gold status in December 2009 and has maintained that level for the past several years.
- BJG Electronics, Inc., an electronics distributor in Ronkonkoma, N.Y., has been at UTC Supplier Gold since December 2010.
- Belcan Corporation, an engineering services provider headquartered in Cincinnati, Ohio, has been at the UTC Supplier Gold level since December 2008.
- CPI Aerostructures, a structural aircraft parts and assembly company from Edgewood, N.Y., achieved UTC Supplier Gold status in October 2010.
- Exotic Metals from Kent, Wash., is a top sheet metal supplier that received the UTC Supplier Gold award in September 2007.
- FLIR Systems, Inc. is an avionics company based in Wilsonville, Ore., that achieved UTC Supplier Gold in November 2009.
- Labarge Inc. in Joplin, Mo., a top avionics/electrical supplier, achieved UTC Supplier Gold status in March 2010.
- Labinal, Inc. out of Corinth, Texas, achieved UTC Supplier Gold in December 2010 and is currently a top supplier for electrical wiring assemblies.
- SKF Sealing Solutions out of Elgin, Ill., achieved UTC Supplier Gold status in June 2009 as a top bearing supplier.
- TEK Precision based in Deer Park, N.Y., was the first Sikorsky-sponsored UTC Supplier Gold firm, having earned that status in 2008.
Al Altieri, Vice President, Supply Management for Sikorsky, who presented the awards, said, “Over the past year, several suppliers have made extraordinary efforts in meeting the high standards for delivery and quality for Sikorsky. It was clear through internal surveys that these awardees were distinct in making the extra efforts in satisfying the needs of our customers. They play a critical role in our continued success. ”
The following companies were recognized as a Supplier of the Year in select categories.
- Aero Gear Inc., the precision machining gear supplier, received the award in the “New Sikorsky Supplier Gold” category. Aero Gear achieved Gold status in December 2010.
- Alken Industries, a machining company located in Ronkonkoma, N.Y., was recognized as exceptional in the “Small Woman Owned Business” category.
- Aurora Flight Sciences with manufacturing operations in Bridgeport, W.Va., and Columbus, Miss., received the award in the “Airframe” category for the company’s high level of performance for Sikorsky.
- BJG Electronics, Inc. the electronics distributor, was recognized as the top supplier in the “Avionics/Electronics” category.
- Ladish Co., Inc., a forging supplier headquartered in Cudahy, Wis., received the “Heavy Metal” category award for its outstanding dependability to meet Sikorsky requirements. The Ladish Co., Inc. includes machining suppliers Aerex Manufacturing in Windsor, Conn., and Stowe Machine in Bloomfield, Conn.
- TEK Precision, the assemblies and component supplier, received the “Machining” category award as an exceptional supplier to Sikorsky. TEK Precision has achieved and maintained the UTC Supplier Gold status for the past three years.
- Telephonics Corporation in Farmingdale, N.Y., received the “Equipment” category award for its high level of support to Sikorsky with advanced sensor and communications systems.
- TIGHITCO, Inc. based in Berlin, Conn., was presented with the “Fabrications” category award as a top supplier to Sikorsky. TIGHITCO also has operations and Atlanta, Ga., and Chihuahua, Mexico.
Sikorsky recognizes the effort these suppliers have provided by going above and beyond to help deliver high quality products in the timeframe needed. These partnerships demonstrate that through combined efforts, new standards can be achieved in meeting our customers’ needs.
Sikorsky Aircraft Corp., based in Stratford, Conn., is a world leader in helicopter design, manufacture and service. United Technologies Corp., based in Hartford, Conn., provides a broad range of high technology products and support services to the aerospace and building systems industries.